Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Barcelona

(June 30 - July 1, 2008)





After a very shot sleep at a hostel in the Kings Cross area of London, and a flight to Barcelona--went to check into my hostel. First thing which happened here was that my Visa card didn´t work!! Luckily my mom had deposited some cash for Ari and I, so I took some of this and paid for my place...I was then worried about what to do for cash!! Would I need to sell myself on the streets?!?! (I knew the neighborhood of my hostel was in the redlight district.) Luckily, I was able to get some cash at an ATM--only 20euros at a time....thanks BofA!!

My hostel (Hotel San Ramon) is definitely decent. A big step up from my London hostel. The room was really small, but it was clean, and had AC!! I don´t know what I would have done without the AC---there was no window in the room, other than one looking into a dark covered small "courtyard".




I ended up laying down for a while and catching a few cat naps. When I awoke, I ventured out to the nearby Las Rablas--a long and big avenue with shops, tapas bars, and lots of people enjoying the evening. I found a tapas bar at Placa Reial. I forgot what I ordered, but it was good.
Let´s explore.

No comments: