Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Roskilde, Vikings, and Being Sick **cough cough**

Ari & Jeremy are the fuzzy people

Our second day in Copenhagen (my 21st day of the trip), and this is the first day when my body failed me--I was sick. Let's go back a little....

Our second day had us getting up bright and early to catch a train out to the town of Roskilde (where they just had that big music festival) to go to the Viking Ship Museum. Roskilde is a small Danish town surrounded by some nice country. The town centre area was very nice and inviting, but we had a short walk ahead of us down to the nearby water to go to the museum.


At some point during this walk, feelings of weakness & soreness hit me like a train. I immediately felt really tired and sick. It sucked.

We made it to the Museum, and I did what I could to stay with it and be a tourist. There were a few movies about the museum and some recent viking ship trip/reenactments. In one of the theaters I laid down on the floor and assumed the fetal position while watching the cool movie about a recent voyage made on a Viking ship from Denmark to Ireland.

After the museum we had some pizza, and then took a train back to Copenhagen. After this, I don't remember much. I think I spent a good part of the day bedridden. Asia had some cold stuff, so I took a cocktail of these medicines. Miraculously, I started to feel better by the end of the day.

No comments: