Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Salsa En Barcelona!

"uno, dos, tres--cinco, seis, seite!"

So, I decided to get a salsa lesson while in Barcelona. Had some help from my cool Salsa teacher back home and did some googling myself to find options. Ended up going with Buena Vista Salsa. They run out of Club Mojito.

I talked with one of the dance instructors, Alvaro, and he gave me a few options. Both were intro classes (one was Cuban and the other Puerto Rican---he said for the intro stuff, they are both very similar). I went for the Puerto Rican.

Well, it was a bit rough. I was sort of invading a class which had already started. It was their 2nd class of 8. All in all, I knew most of the moves they did, but there were a few nuances which were a little new to me. It wasn´t too bad though. The hardest thing for me was trying to do the right thing when we were practicing moves as couples. He obviously wasn´t going to say anything in English, so my partners had to bare with me hooking my neck to see what we were doing. With some girls I did good. With others, I was....eh. All in all the women were really really nice. Some knew English. It was fun. We also learned a move, I hadn´t done before so that was cool. So, glad I was brave enough to go! :)

No comments: