Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mr. Obama Goes To Washington

Have heard stories of a mythical cinema hidden within the U. District. It was said to be teeny tiny, but showed films with heart and intelligence. Now I made it there on a wing and a prayer just as the reels were spinning. My horse was tied down to a hitchin' post down the street (and it was free since it was after 6pm!).

The viewing room is tiny (fit for about 80-100 souls). Her walls are thin (you can hear the passing 808's bump as they roll by), but this theater met all the expectations I had for it. Very independent, full of character, and worth many return visits.

Oh, and it has a coffee shop connect to it.


As for what I saw, I saw a viewing of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington". I'd been wanting to see it on the big screen for ages, and jumped on the chance. Jefferson Smith is such a noble, humble, and heroic character. Jean Arthur plays his "Sancho" well and her personality and looks are certainly pleasing to the eye. Now I wish they had hankie dispensers when they show these damn Capra movies, because I always grow teary-eyed watching this movie--Damn You, Capra!!!

This is one of my favorite films, and it is one of those stories filled with hope which makes me excited for our Mr. Obama Whose in Washington.

No comments: