Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last Day In Inverness

(June 26, 2008)


Our last day in Inverness was pretty chill. Jeremy´s family were heading to Belfast for a wedding. Before they left Mike took us for one more distillery tour. We went to Benromach. This was a decent tour, but we didn´t get to really check out anything "behind the scenes". The tour guide had the nicest accent (I swear I´ll get that accent down!), and she was pretty cute, too :)

Other than the tour guide, I´d say the other nice thing about this tour was the sampling. This was another whisky which I liked as well. They also had a creamy liquor which was too good for our own good---I´m kicking myself for not getting a bottle!
The rest of the afternoon was spent seeing Jeremy´s family off and hanging with them before they head out. Also took care of some laundry!

Around evening time we strolled down into Inverness (my last real time). We went for some Indian food, and it was pretty decent. **Indian and Kebab restaurants are like fast food for the UK--they´re all over the place over here--lucky blokes!**

After, we headed to some pubs. We went to The Foundry for a brew and then over to Hootenany´s in hopes of getting a good seat and listening to some good Scottish music. We nabbed a nice table, ordered a few rounds and played cards until the band hit the stage.


Tonight´s band was Schiehallion. It was a duo for the most part: guitarist/singer and a boy on accordian. However, out of the blue another kid would walk in (with kilt on, of course) and play the pipes. This band was GREAT! We ended up staying for most of their set--had to leave early because we had to get up in a few hours for our Glasgow train. I wanted to buy a cd, but the singer said they don´t sell on Thursdays---not sure what that means. But he gave me a card. I can really get into Scottish music.



After Hootenany´s, we walked back up the hill. It was fter 11pm, and it was still fairly light out. I snapped a few pics along the River Ness, and then we rushed home and got ready for our trip in the morning.






1 comment:

Hard to Explain said...

Doesn't Scotland make ya wanna jump jump?