Sunday, January 25, 2009

NOLA: Bow Up On It!

The Crew!

A few other LHO-ers (LIGO Hanford Observatory-ers) & I, ventured down to Louisiana for a week of work at our Livingston site. Betsy, Jody, & Hugh worked on Advanced LIGO Suspension work, while Mike & I did some Seismic Isolation commissioning (or atleast we tried). At the end of our week, we ventured down to NOLA (that's New Orleans, LA).

Galatoire's Revisited: The Radkins Experience

While in New Orleans, we stayed right off the French Quarter, and hit Bourbon Street. We tromped around the music-filled, strip-club-clad, drunk-person-inducing blocks for a few hours. We stopped at the Crescent City Brew Pub for a nice meal. Our first choice was Galatorie's, but apparently we were a little too disheveled to be allowed to occupy their establishment. (It's ok. We snapped a few shots of Hugh standing in front of the place---he had been there when he was a kid and was reminiscing about it.)

A Nice Looking Bunch

All in all we had a nice time hanging out in NOLA. Everybody except for me had to get up at the crack of dawn to catch a plane....I, luckily, arranged to have an afternoon flight (but even that ended up being a little early for me! Oh well, planes are meant for sleep anyway!) :)

Is This A Corgi?

Galatoire's & Bourbon

Post Script:
If you're like me, you might not know what the slang in the title means: "Bow Up On It". It's a southern term which roughly means to "get 'er done". You can also flex your arms (body builder-style), and I guess that also looks like a bow. Anyway, it's new to me.

No comments: