Monday, January 28, 2008

More Bocas And Our Cartagena Plan


The rest of the stay at Bocas was fairly chill. One night I did get out to a couple of the clubs. One was really cool in that the dance floor was on the beach (with sand and all), and some of the dancefloors were out on boat docks. It was packed w/ a few locals and lots of gringos! It was alright. I mainly people watched; danced a little.

Watching Waves

Boat House

Benches at Town Square

I found many of my days just walking around exploring Bocas. There was some neat architecture, and Bocas' Town Square always had lots of action. Spent a few times on a park bench trying to read my Don Quixote (I think this will be a life long endeavor), watching people, and snapping pictures.

Local Meal: Yum!

Loved The Sky Here


Maya ended up leaving back to Panama City and home on 1/28. Ang and I had another day. This is where Ang introduced me to limonade---very yummy summer drink (way better than normal lemonade). During this time Ang and I decided that we'd take a trip to Colombia. I must admit I was apprehensive at first, because in America we had only heard scary stuff about Colombia. I was up for adventure and discovery, so I was game. We were going to go to Cartagena, "I've always wanted to go there since seeing it in "Romancing the Stone"!", Ang would say. It was a spur of the moment decision, but we were set for Colombia.

On our last day at Bocas we decided to head to "another Bocas": Bocas del Drago (Dragon's mouth). This was a beach on the northeastern side of the island (opposite to Bocas Del Toro). We obviously took a cab. The drive was around 10-12 miles but took about 45 minutes to drive with a truck. I hung out in the back of the truck cab while Ang talked w/ our cabbie. He seemed nice (not that I could understand what they were talking about). Once at the beach, we asked the driver to give meet us back here in about 2hrs. So, we hung out at Bocas Del Drago. There wasn't much of a town in the area. There was a resort (didn't catch the name), and a very beautiful beach. We chilled here, swam, snapped pictures, and just soaked it all in. We caught the sunset, our ride arrived, and then we headed back to Bocas. The drive back was fun and we listened to cool music.

Here are some pictures from Bocas Del Drago:










No comments: